Thursday, May 31, 2012

At Home Conversation…

As most of you know Aya goes to work early due to the Stock Market opening.  Typically, Aya will be up at 4:45 am and out of the door just after 5:00 am.    The week before Memorial weekend Aya was waking up at 5:45 or 6:00…so basically for her sleeping in an extra hour and half.

Right before the END of the 3 day weekend Aya springs this on me:

wk120_brother_sister1

Aya:  Oh, can I get a ride to the airport Tuesday morning.  (She is going to Chicago for work)

Miles:   What time?

Aya:   I dunno, before or after you take the kids over to your parents house.

Miles:  What?  What time is your flight?

Aya:  8:15 am

Miles:  If we go BEFORE I drop the kids off then I have to wake them up so we can leave early.  Jack has his science project and he has to be at school early as well.  If we go AFTER then it doesn’t leave you a lot of time to go thru security after a 3 day weekend.

Aya:  I will make it.

Miles:  Yeah, but if I go after, then I can’t sleep in the way you have been sleeping in AND after I take you to the airport, I might as well go to work.

Aya:  So.

Miles:  So, I don’t want to go to work super early after a 3 day weekend…especially when my boss isn’t going to be there for the next 2 days.

Aya:  So I should get a cab?

Miles:  YES.

Aya’s company PAYS for the cab ride to the airport as well.   Grrr.   See this is why I have gray hair, balding and why I am so grouchy.

4 comments:

Mark said...

did you say balding? I saw those gray hairs...I'm older but i don't have gray hairs yet...balding yes!

employee_8 said...

how can you not have gray hairs when you have NO hair??

Mark said...

Facial hair guy...I have no grays yet! Then the little hair i do have on my head it's black not gray!

employee_8 said...

but you are so OLD and your eye sight is so poor that maybe you can't tell your hair 'stubble' is gray. :)