Friday, July 21, 2006

Fatherhood - Part 5

No more free time. I have found that fatherhood really disrupts personal and free time. One, it is usually not quiet with a kid around. I have learned to just turn up the volume on the tv to drown up JT squawking like bird.

I also found out that I don't have the time for tennis, weights, basketball, softball and more importantly video games. I mean I L-O-V-E video game playing. In fact, today I went to get a game at 10:00 am when the store opened. I was so excited to get the game and play. I was even going to leave work early and come home to play. I got home early, no one home, nothing to do....but on the drive home I started thinking....I have free time, no one around to distract me....I should probably be 'responsible' and baby proof the house. So, plugs in the outlets and locks on all the cabinents with household chemicals. By the time I was done, Aya and JT came home, my afternoon shot and I was scrambling to get a birthday present wrapped, shower and change to go to a surprise bday.

Who knew that fatherhood meant being more responsible?? Growing up....I have tried and tried to delay it....but I guess it is time to be an adult.


"Childhood is short...maturity is forever!"

No comments: