Monday, July 24, 2006

Fatherhood - Finale

Okay, I think my week of Fatherhood ranting is over. I like Saori's entry focusing on the 'good' of being a parent.

Don't get me wrong. I think fatherhood has been great so far. Very appreciative that I have such a fun and entertaining boy. I know my entries may seem that I don't like fatherhood very much, but I just wanted to point out certain 'realities'. I think when you don't have kids, women sit around talking and wanting a family. I think the fella's kinda get roped into it by thinking they just get more sex. I just wanted the guys to realize what happens 9 months down the road.

I do think mother bonds faster to a child than the father. The whole breast feeding deal gives you a huge advantage. Eventually, you develop that bond and even a meanie like me can turn into the 'softie' of the family. (Only a softie to JT, I am still mean to others).



I don't have great stories or good days or events like Saori posted in her last update. To me, everyday has been a good day. Yesterday, I was feeding JT dinner when he opened his mouth real wide. I was saying, "Great job, little guy...a nice big mouth for the last bite." Umm, I wish, it was a precursor for his sneeze. Kids, don't close their mouths when they sneeze. When kids sneeze with their mouth full, it is a good idea not to be talking with YOUR mouth open....or else you get bits and pieces of their dinner in your mouth. Yeech.

I guess when I knew I was going to be a parent I wanted to be sure I was ready...or as ready as I could be. For me, that meant making a decision to try to spend time with JT. I don't want to spend every minute with the little guy, but I want to be around enough so I don't miss anything....afterall, I am still planning on just having one.

This is me spying on JT. I told him, not to get anymore books and just sit and play. I left to change my clothes and this is what I see. A blatant disregard for what I said. Grrrr.

2 comments:

Jen said...

blatant disregard...i knew there was something that I liked about that kid...

Jen said...

blatant disregard...i knew there was something that I liked about that kid...